Walking is good for our health, good for the environment, good for the community, good for the economy and good for our kids. It is a win, win, win, win, win solution.
Some of the benefits of walking include:
- improved public health and health cost savings
- reduced traffic congestion, road provision costs, vehicle ownership, operating and parking costs.
- reduced environmental pollution and traffic noise
- improved physical and cognitive health for children and seniors in particular
- increased social connection and
- benefits for business through increased retail sales and business agglomeration.