Smart Urban Futures conference postponed
Victoria Walks and the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) have decided to postpone the Smart Urban Futures conference, previously scheduled for 29 and 30 April.
In the light of coronavirus, the majority of events (including all MAV events) are being cancelled or postponed to facilitate social/physical distancing. The requirement that all visitors from overseas self-isolate for 14 days would also prevent our international speakers from attending.
We are hoping that we will be able to run the conference with a similar program in future, after social distancing and travel restrictions have been lifted.
Until then, everyone will have to wait to see speakers like:
- Lucy Saunders, Director, Healthy Streets, UK.
- Dale Bracewell, Manager of Transportation Planning, City of Vancouver, Canada.
- Robyn Seymour, Deputy Secretary Network Planning, Department of Transport and Head of Road Safety Victoria.
- Ludo Campbell-Reid, Director City Design and Liveability, Wyndham City Council (previously General Manager of the Design Office at Auckland Council and founding CEO of Urban Design London).
- Kristen Hilton, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner.