Conference details announced14 Mar 2023
At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, we've assembled a pretty incredible line up of speakers for the Smart Urban Futures conference in Melbourne on 4 and 5 May.
- Adetokunbo 'Toks' Omishakin, Secretary (CEO) of the California State Transportation Agency (online presentation)
- Sally Capp, Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Etienne Krug, head of injury prevention and road safety at WHO (Switzerland, online)
- Bridget Doran, Principal Researcher at MRCagney (NZ) and Chair of Engineering New Zealand's Transportation Group
- Dr Rodney Tolley (UK/USA), chair of the International Conference on Walking and Livable Cities
- Professor Jenny Roe, Director of the Center for Design and Health, University of Virginia and co-author of Restorative Cities: Urban Design for Mental Health and Wellbeing (online).
- Jill Garner, Victorian Government Architect
- Anna Bray Sharpin, Principal Advisor - Infrastructure, Speed and Urban Mobility, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency
- Valli Morphett, CEO Village Well, previously CEO at CoDesign Studio.
In addition to presentations, panel and workshop sessions Maribyrnong City Council will host a walkshop exploring different street design features around Footscray.
This will be a hybrid event with options to attend in-person or online. The conference is a partnership between Victoria Walks and the MAV.
Check out the conference website for details