Walking Maps is a new website designed to excite and inspire people to explore Victoria on foot.
Each walk features a map route, photos and points of interest (including spaces for text and hyperlinks). Walks featured on the site are visually appealing, rich in content and fully integrated into social media. Users will also be able to rate and comment on walks.
Walking Maps is created by Victoria Walks - Victoria's walking health promotion charity. Our mission is to get more people walking, every day. Victoria Walks is funded and supported by VicHealth.
Walking Maps literally 'puts you on the map' by bringing your organisation and its services to a wider audience. Are your activities or services focused on:
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, Walking Maps can help you reach more people.
Victoria Walks can assist your organisation to create walks in the following ways:
1. Use our online resources (links below).
2. For councils and non-government organisations, Victoria Walks can:
3. For businesses or companies, please contact us to discuss how we can best assist you to promote your products or services through Walking Maps.*
4. If you would like your walk to be featured as a special event, sponsored walk or staff pick, we would be delighted to discuss a suitable fee or sponsorship opportunities with you.*
To create a fantastic walk, you'll need good photos, a route map and quality information. Whether you have previously prepared walks, or need to create them from scratch, simply refer to our tip sheet and content template (links below).
If you've read this far, why not pick up the phone and give us a call? We've love to hear from you.
(03) 9667 1326, or email us: info[AT]victoriawalks.org.au