Walk the Block is all about getting Victorian workers away from their desks and onto their feet. So go ahead, take a little time out of your day to create a happier, healthier workplace.
1. How to Walk the Block
2. Tips to make Walk the Block successful
- Create excitement: what about a theme, inviting your CEO, putting on morning tea?
- Flexible timing: yes, you can stagger your event for different teams or walk on an alternative date.
- Build momentum: in the lead up to WTB, email 1 resource per week to staff to highlight the need to be active.
- Make it accessible: consider a route that accommodates staff with different abilities or injuries.
- Make it social: use WTB to help staff get to know each other, or invite neighbouring organisations to join in!