Popular walks in the Yarra Ranges and Dandenongs
Yarra Ranges Shire to Melbourne's east incorporates some of the best day walks within an easy day-trip of the city. The Yarra Ranges includes lush forest walks in the Dandenongs and the Warburton areas, as well as popular walks near Belgrave's Puffing Billy tourist attraction. But don't bypass the shire's fantastic recreational parks such as Lillydale Lake (which includes a man-made beach!)
Click the name of the walk below to see map, directions and photos.
- California Redwood Forest walk, Warburton
- Maroondah Park Reservoir, Healesville
- O’Shannassy’s Aqueduct Trail, Millgrove
- Badger Weir walk, Badger Creek
- Lillydale Lake, Lilydale
- Belgrave to Upper Ferntree Gully rail trail (historical interest)
- Emerald Lake park walk
- Emerald Lake Park loop walk (includes Puffing Billy)
- Silvan Reservoir nature walk, Silvan
- Doongalla Homestead Walk, The Basin
- See also the Lilydale to Warburton Rail Trail
Walks in the Dandenong Ranges
- Olinda Falls loop walk
- 1000 Steps Kokoda memorial walk
- Sherbrooke Falls loop walk (from Berlgrave train station)
- Sherbrooke shorter loop walk
- Mathias Track and old Olinda golf course (dog-friendly) walk
- Dandenong Ranges Botanic Gardens walk, Olinda
- George Tindale Memorial Gardens walk, Olinda
- Pirianda Gardens walk, Olinda
Search for more walking maps in any of the below areas at our Walking Maps home page.
Accessibility: All-terrain wheelchairs available for walks in Yarra Ranges.
The Yarra Ranges Council area includes the suburbs, townships and rural localities of Badger Creek, Beenak, Belgrave, Belgrave Heights, Belgrave South, Big Pats Creek, Cambarville, Chirnside Park, Chum Creek, Coldstream, Dixons Creek, Don Valley, East Warburton, Emerald (part), Fernshaw, Ferny Creek, Gilderoy, Gladysdale, Gruyere, Healesville, Hoddles Creek, Kallista, Kalorama, Kilsyth (part), Launching Place, Lilydale, Lysterfield (part), Macclesfield, Matlock, McMahons Creek, Menzies Creek (part), Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark, Mount Dandenong, Mount Evelyn, Mount Toolebewong, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Powelltown, Reefton, Sassafras (part), Selby, Seville, Seville East, Sherbrooke, Silvan, Steels Creek, Tarrawarra, Tecoma, The Patch, Three Bridges, Toolangi (part), Toorongo, Tremont, Upper Ferntree Gully (part), Upwey, Wandin East, Wandin North, Warburton, Wesburn, Wonga Park (part), Woori Yallock, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction, Yellingbo and Yering.