Forums & Conferences
Changing streets: successfully engaging communities
Victoria Walks hosts events that promote ways for urban professionals to support walkability.
On June 2nd at 2pm-3.30pm, with support from VicHealth, we'll be running a free online workshop for staff from Victorian councils showcasing three ground-breaking Australian projects.
Presenters will discuss how their teams managed to engage local residents, traders and other stakeholders; reflecting on their successes, learnings and biggest challenges. This will be followed by Q + A with the presenters and discussion.
Places are filling up but contact us to find out more.
Smart Urban Futures conference
Each year we collaborate with the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) to host the Smart Urban Futures conference on liveable, walkable, sustainable communities.
The line-up for the 8th Smart Urban Futures Conference in May 2022 included speakers from the UK, Norway, Belgium and around Australia.
For the first time, we delivered the conference as a hybrid event, with the ability to attend online or in person.
Keynote speakers included:
- Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General, European Commission
- Ellie Cosgrave, Director, Publica (UK)
- Helge Hillnhütter, Associate Professor at Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Bec Mouy, Director Streets and Centres, NSW Dept of Planning and Environment
Previous Victoria Walks events
- Smart Urban Futures 2021
- Smart Urban Futures conference 2019
- Active Travel to school workshop
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2018
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2017
- Smart Urban Futures Conference and related events, March 2016
- Walking Tall - getting children on their feet, 2015
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2015
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2014