Strategy and policy input
Victoria Walks is the expert independent voice on walking.
Do you have a walking strategy or policy to develop or review? Do you need someone to provide input to council processes, or assist with community and stakeholder engagement? Maybe you want to ensure your residential subdivision is walkable and liveable?
Whatever your project, talk to Victoria Walks for guidance in creating environments where all types of walking are supported, to help meet your transport, community, wellbeing, recreation and urban planning objectives. Our experienced team can help you ensure pedestrians are prioritised.
We provide independent expert input that will ensure you are drawing on the latest research and best practice. This will arm you with information to influence key decision makers, secure funding and ensure pedestrians are considered in the development and implementation of key projects.
We can help with:
- reviewing and providing feedback on federal, state and local government policy;
- providing confidential advice on a range of projects including urban developments;
- drafting/ reviewing your policy, strategy or action plan; and
- speaking at workshops, and engaging with councillors, community or other stakeholders.
“Warrnambool City Council has seen firsthand the value Ben Rossiter and Victoria Walks bring to councils and our local community. Many in our community were sceptical about a city centre revitalisation project however Ben brought his independent expertise to the council, speaking with council engineers and planners, as well as the councillors, reinforcing that the council had pursued best practice with the project. Ben’s words were very powerful, particularly for a council in the regions where you can feel isolated from what is happening in other cities and what is best practice.”
Nicole Wood, Project Manager, Travel Smart – Warrnambool City Council
Client work includes:
- We reviewed plans for a major subdivision in Ballina, NSW (client Intrapac Property);
- We reviewed the Maribyrnong Walking Strategy (client Maribyrnong City Council);
- We provided input to the Queensland Walking Strategy (client Department of Transport and Main Roads);
- We provided input to develop the City of Melbourne Transport Strategy refresh;
- We provided comprehensive input to the best-practice Active Warrnambool Strategy; and
- We have spoken at workshops for councillors and senior executives, supporting projects that increase walking and walkability.
Contact us to discuss your organisation's goals today.