Walks and trails in Moonee Valley
Find walks in the City of Moonee Valley on Walking Maps.
- Maribyrnong River Loop - Moonee Ponds, Aberfeldie and Maribyrnong
- Moonee Ponds Creek, Strathmore
- Westbreen Creek, Pascoe Vale
- Scenic route of Moonee Ponds
- Wildflower loop, Walter Burley Griffin's Garden Suburb (Keilor East)
Moonee Ponds creek circuit, Strathmore Heights
- Explore Travancore walk (2.15km pram-friendly Moonee Ponds Creek circuit)
- Essendon woodlands and playground stroll (2.5km loop walk)
- Five mile creek walk, Essendon (2km return along 5 Mile and Moonee Ponds
- Ringtail possum walk, Maribyrnong River walk, Aberfeldie (2.6km loop)
The Maribyrnong River is said to get its name from the Aboriginal phrase Mirring-gnay-bir-nong meaning 'I can hear a ringtail possum'.
- Valley Lake Discovery walk, Keilor (2km return along Steele Creek to the surprising Valley Lake!)
Printable walking maps
Discover Moonee Valley's rich history and natural beauty using these walking maps brochures (PDFs)
- Ascot Vale Walking Trail
- Maribyrnong River Walking Trail
- Moonee Ponds Creek Walking Trail
- Moonee Ponds Heritage Trail
- Queens Park Heritage Trail
- Woodlands and Napier Parks Trail
More information about walking in the City of Moonee Valley can be found here.